The new FlowTracker2 (FT2) handheld Acoustic Doppler Velocimeter (ADV®) has all the technology you have grown to know and trust with the original FlowTracker, but now comes with functional, modernized features (Bluetooth, GPS and large color screen, to name only a few) based on the evaluation and feedback from hydrologists, researchers and scientists who have made the FlowTracker their instrument of choice.
But the real power becomes clear from the moment you start to collect data. Each step of the way FT2 guides you along the measurement process with visual prompts and SmartQC audio alerts just in case something important needs your attention.
FT2 handheld software is intuitive, easy to navigate and includes real-time plots of point data, QC parameters, and measurement verticals, giving you everything you need at-a-glance. Get defensible data correctly, the first time, every time, and minimize data handling back at the office.
With rugged construction for any climate and multiple display options for both day and night, FT2 goes whenever and wherever you need it to go.
At its core, FT2 uses SonTek’s tried-and-true ADV technology, vetted for decades by experts across the globe, in hydraulics labs and wide-ranging field environments. Improved and perfected for FT2, the acoustic-based ADV sensor offers unparalleled accuracy, particularly in low flow, and in the shallowest water of any wading device. 2-D data in the horizontal plane (2D/3D option available) allows the most comprehensive QC and understanding about flow conditions. User calibration is never required, and 24/7 tech support from SonTek and our worldwide team is only a call or click away.
Some of the major improvements now featured in FT2 come straight from field users like you. Here is a short list of time-saving, fool-proof features:
- Embedded GPS for georeferencing with automatic or manual fixes
- Improved ADV acoustics: faster pinging, lower noise and better standard error
- Battery life icon on the screen at all times. Pre-load the spare cartridge and replace, even mid-measurement, with no data loss
- Detachable probe with extension cables to customize cable length up to 10m
- Probes and handhelds are interchangeable—flexibility within agency teams and when sending equipment for service
- Set up and save templates—no need to re-enter data every time you visit a site
- Bluetooth or direct USB interface with PC
- Audio prompts
There is a lot to get excited about when using the new FT2 handheld. Intuitive workflow and rich graphics make for a modernized, interactive experience. Now you can:
- Rely on FT2 to automatically conform to proper methods based on depth
- View beam check or QC plots directly – know immediately if you have signal or beam blockage problems
- Get real-time plots of velocity and other parameters
- Enter comments and gage heights with any station
- View a running discharge summary
- See an image of top-set wading rod
- View an on-screen tilt sensor
- Edit data