Rugged build quality with high-end ADV® performance is what the ADVOcean-Hydra is all about. Representing the ultimate solution to measuring precise 3D velocity in the most challenging environments, the ADVOcean/Hydra can be integrated with an array of external sensors for a complete oceanographic data collection system. With the optional RPT pressure sensor, this powerful system is able to sample both pressure and velocity at up to 25 Hz, making it the definitive solution for studying nearshore processes.
The Hydra (package option featuring the ADVOcean probe) is a fully integrated, 3-axis (3D), ocean sensor system that includes a powerful data acquisition system, a high-resolution velocity sensor, a strain gage pressure sensor, and top-of-the-line sensors from other manufacturers all in one seamless package.
HYDRA STANDARD FEATURES
- ADVOcean in an autonomous configuration
- 5MHz ADVOcean Probe with integrated compass/tilt sensor and piezoresistive pressure sensor
- Processor electronics package in cylindrical underwater canister with 2 GB recorder and two alkaline battery packs
- ViewHydra Windows data analysis software
HYDRA OPTIONAL FEATURES
- Internal RPT silicon resonance pressure sensor
- SeaBird CT Sensor serial interface
- Optical Backscatter Sensor analog interface
- 10 MHz ADV Probe on stem or flexible cable with 10 cm distance to sampling volume
- ViewHydra Pro advanced data analysis software